I've always had a thing for blue doors. First thing I did when we moved into our house was to paint our door a very bright, strong blue. This love of blue doors must have been in my subconscious when I arrived at the name of this blog, My Notting Hill. Not only did I love the movie but I loved the neighborhood, and of course, the famous blue door. (image via Sonja Campbell)

Arriving jet lagged to London years ago and heading off to our hotel in Kensington, I turned to my husband and said, "London looks just I imagined it would." Here's to more imagining where a stroll through Notting Hill could take me. Along this wrought iron railing to...

a lovely sitting room streaming with sunshine Chepstow Rd Notting Hill

into an airy and elegant dining room Norland Square Notting Hill

to a bright, cheerful kitchen with an amazing fireplace Ledbury Road Notting Hill
or a fun family room w/a killer view onto a courtyard garden (Ladbroke Gardens Notting Hill - at an asking price of 8,950,000 pounds that would leave most people beyond broke)

or maybe to this charming bedroom with so much potential and the knock-out bathroom with the fireplace and the floor-to-ceiling french doors

Courtnell Street Notting Hill

or a sweet bedroom, and then
Blenheim Crescent Notting Hill I would reach my destination...getting right into this very cool Citroen...


and pulling up to the front of "my" home. Until then, I'll have to vicariously enjoy My Notting Hill life through the terrific illustrations the immensely talented Patricia van Essche of PVE Design created for me. And right now, I'm good with that. (consider contacting Patricia for your commissioned artwork)






For those of you in the DC area, consider taking a stroll over to Maison Living/Jean Pierre Antiques for champagne and great shopping this Saturday. It's not Notting Hill but it is in Georgetown and that's more than a close second in my book!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top