After going to the bank, I dropped by the grocery store. There I was at the self-checkout lane, taken aback a bit when I noticed the issue of Southern Accents I was buying was costing more than expected. All of a sudden I felt a chaotic but happy presence approaching. You know the feeling - when you sense someone is coming up behind you.
From the corner of my eye I saw arms outstretched and flailing as groceries were spilling out onto the self-checkout lane next to mine. A package of frozen-something landed in my lane. The person, with the happy-chaotic energy, started to say something charming...
"How cute" I thought to myself...
I looked over towards him. It was my husband! "Danny it's me" I said. A huge smile flashed across his face. We started to laugh and reached out and held hands. Love at first sight, all over again, at the Harris Teeter checkout lane.

These images via Canadian House and Home, Designer Holly Dyment, photography by Michael Graydon. The colors in these rooms look like how I feel. For more of Holly Dyment's work to to her site, Holly Dyment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top