I came across designer Antony Todd's room on House & Home editor Suzanne Dimma' s blog here. The styling is spare - two metal benches that allow a view to the armless sofa, a beautiful urn on the corbel and an ikat pillow. I think it creates an arresting image that highlights each element.
Here is a larger view of the same room, via La Dolce Vita's wonderful post on the color Peacock Blue. The two open, metal framed benches have been replaced by two solid cubes and a number of pieces have been added - floor lamp, x bench, two chairs and a lamp on a pedestal. Possibly a more functional room... Here it is on the cover of Australia Vogue Living May/June 2007. Almost the same room except that the x bench is gone and it appears that the chairs are covered in a brighter turquoise fabric. Which do you prefer? For me, it's the first one.


(second image via La Dolce Vita via Domino, my apologies as I do not know the photographer credit in these pictures.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top