The Washington Post ran a Sales Talk piece about Haute** back in Feb '09. Not sure why it took me until November to get there to check it out - especially since designer fabrics that sell for $100++ a yard can be found at incredible prices. My friend Anne walked away with a gorgeous Victoria Hagan linen for just $20 a yard! In the above picture I'm checking out trim that's $2 a yard. (**as of this post, the website still lists the old Middleburg address. The new address is 8393 West Main St., Marshall, VA 20115, 540.364.1221)
The trim collection at Haute is truly unbelievable. The wide Greek Key trim is $10 a yard, the narrow $7 a yard. The quality is extremely high. I purchased the wide yellow/grey and the narrow blue/grey.

Haute is housed in a house on Main Street with each room dedicated to different types and colors of fabric. Need a neutral?
Here's a small peek at the extensive collection of toile from top name firms. I didn't recognize all the brand names but noticed that many of the fabrics were printed in England.
Here's a pretty Brunschwig & Fils print.
I purchased this Greek Key cut velvet for $20 a yard. Love it!
This braided trim was only $9 a yard and I've sewn it onto the dark brown curtains in my office. My office redecoration is almost finished - hoping to do a post on that soon.

Haute is located in Marshall, VA, just off exit #28 on 66 West. It would be a great trip to combine a visit to Haute with Matthews House and Garden in Upperville, VA and then to the shops in Middleburg. Just keep in mind Haute's website still has the old Middleburg address and the site only showcases a small fraction of the selection.

(This is my personal recommendation and I do not receive any form of compensation for this endorsement - I'm just a fabric nut!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top