Back in 1994, I remember being so excited to have these magnolia prints framed but now their reddish cherry stain didn't seem to work anywhere in my house or with my plans to replace the flowers with prints from the West Indies.

Inspired by Janell of Isabella and Max's use of Smart Strip I slathered up the frames and scraped off all the reddish finish. This stuff is really great! Then I used a walnut stain to get it to the color I was looking for.


Another project hanging over my head with this frame which had a long-ago discarded print in it. A card and a cover sheet torn from a book was combined with a Clarence House remnant that I've had since the mid-90's. Two notes on that: it feels great to finally do something with that and horsehair is sharp!

Here it is in my bedroom, my side.
Another remnant (still have 1 left) was used with a print from a book to hang on my husband's side. As you can see, there's still one more framing project to go. Fingers crossed that doesn't take years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top