This Laura Ashley ottoman started out as a blue/white check which never went with anything in my house but at $300 I didn't want to pass it up. Many years later and I've finally "reupholstered" it myself with a purple gray linen to play off the sofa covered in Kelly Wearstler's Fern Tree (bought at discount from Haute.)
This summer I bought a purple gray leopard scarf from 2 Chic while on vacation in Marblehead. House Beautiful just did a spread on animal print. For only $20, this scarf was a cheap way to bring in a fun print (and protect the linen from daily use).
But, with the leopard it just didn't sit quite right in it's old place.

So here it is in front of the other sofa in the family room. As you may be guessing, my family room is a bit eclectic; furnished and decorated not by an upfront master plan but rather from a "let me try to piece something together..."

I've never shown my whole family room and have it as a goal to post about it in the next month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top