Do you ever feel discombobulated? Like you should be doing about ten different things, but can't seem to accomplish any of them? No? Then maybe it's just me. But that's what I've been feeling like this past week. It started off beautifully with a Mother's Day lunch in Chattanooga with my mother-in-law and our family . . .
A little pre-lunch photo session.
Then, my daughter, who has an egg allergy, got an egg exposure at the restaurant so the rest of the day wasn't too fun for anyone - because obviously, when your child's in pain, so are you. She recovered within a few hours. Benadryl can't work fast enough sometimes.

I did receive my favorite candle . . . 
If you've never smelled this candle (or any of the Diptyque candles), you must. I don't typically splurge on nice candles for myself but as a gift, I think they're perfect. 

And more importantly I got lots of hugs, kisses and these kind of sentiments . . . 
Do you think "give me things that I want" means meeting his emotional needs? Yeah, that's what I thought too. Certainly couldn't mean all the electronic equipment and video games I buy for him.

Other than a couple of client meetings, the week has been a blur. I did manage to use a store credit I had at Forever 21 to buy this cute little striped raglan tee . . . 

Don't worry, I didn't get the short shorts. I paired it with a little pencil skirt yesterday though, inspired by this baseball tee look . . .

So, now I've got to go find my to do list again. We leave for Disney next week (yikes), so that probably has something to do with my feelings of being overwhelmed as well. But, at least I have a fun birthday dinner tonight to look forward to (did I mention I turn 40 while in Disney World - yay). But what am I going to wear? Focus, Kathy, focus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top