Okay, so I could be talking about my absence on the blog, but the disappearing act I'm actually referring to is the fact that my embedded Pinterest photos on old blog posts seem to have - poof - disappeared! Has anyone else had this problem?? Are you confused about what I'm talking about?

I didn't realize this was an issue until I happened to go back to one of my old blog posts for reference and noticed the photos I had embedded from Pinterest were no longer there - just the link below the photos. You can click on this post for an example of this weird phenomenon (or basically any post older than a month old with Pinterest photos in it, which is a lot).

I'm assuming this is a Pinterest issue, but maybe it's a Blogger issue. Do any of you tech-y people have any clue? Am I the only one having this problem? Do I just need to update something? Uggh, I hate being clueless. I thought I was being so tech-savvy by using the embedded HTML code from Pinterest . . . it saved me a step. I didn't have to drag photos onto my hard drive then place them, then delete them. Now, I feel like I'm being punished. Seriously, a ton of my old posts are now missing photos. It's bizarre. Am I going to have to go back and manually replace missing photos? Because . . .

And yes, I have emailed Pinterest re: this problem. So far, this is the response I've received: 

  A member of our team will review your message as soon as possible. While we’re always working hard to make Pinterest better for you, we’re currently unable to respond individually to every message we receive. Rest assured we are always listening and we’re frequently resolving issues and making improvements based on what we read in emails like this one.

Thanks for using Pinterest.

- The Pinterest Team

Yeah, so, I'm not too hopeful. So seriously, if anyone has any tips, advice, suggestions, etc. Please let me know. I promise I will blog about interior design stuff really soon and maybe even share a photo from Disney World - I know you're all waiting with bated breath!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top