I had seen the entry of architect Gil Schafer's Nashville home that he collaborated on with designer David Netto in Veranda a while back.  But, I don't really think I truly saw it.  There's alot genius going on this space and it's at the top of my list of all time favorites.  Here's what I'm noticing:

- raw wood finish of dining chairs lets the bold green skirted table take center stage and also ties in with the mirror, lamp and flooring
- the light salmon upholstery on the chairs connects to the wood paneling and sofa in the room beyond
- the contemporary, graphic artwork and the mid-century look of the lamp create a welcomed contrast to the more classic pieces and shapes
- the blue from the vase picks up the blue in the art

What do you see and do you love this space as much as I do?

(image via David Netto's site here, photographer not known)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top