Thank you all for your suggestions on my front door color. After looking at numerous swatches and going back and forth on dark grays and dark blues, I just decided to go with basic black. The issue I kept running into was not clashing with the taupey-greigey (I know those aren't real words) trim that is all over the house. Black goes with everything, right? Well, without further ado, here it is . . .
Ta da! The dogs look thrilled!

Just as a reminder, here's what it looked like before . . .
Better, right?

And, from the inside . . . 
I think I may like the inside view even better than the outside. I've got a few more tricks up my sleeve to make the black carry into the house. For one thing, I'm getting rid of that rinky dink newel post and when I get a new one, I'm painting it and the banister the same black. Also, you may remember I have plans to recover that chair. I will paint the legs black and my fabric choices are black and white. I already bought some fabric, but I found another I might like better. This is my fatal flaw - indecision. I'm like Hamlet.

I'm just glad I pulled the trigger on the door. I'm really liking the clean, crisp look. Hope you like it too. Happy Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top