I must admit, I love animals. The living ones and the statuary versions. I'm not really talking taxidermy here as I don't love the formerly living stuffed versions of animals. I've been thinking about animal statues a lot lately especially the larger versions (not really the smaller ones like Foo dogs, Staffordshire dogs or the ubiquitous elephant garden seat), ever since I saw a pair of stone greyhounds in my local garden shop recently that resembled this one:

Then, I immediately thought of all the dog statues I had seen scattered throughout my Pinterest boards. Not sure I love this stark white one, he may be too mod for me.

I kind of like this guy hanging out in the stairwell rather unexpectedly on his leopard carpet next to his Louis Phillipe mirror - how dignified!

Barrie Benson injects some playfulness into this modern decor with a pair of cuties flanking the fireplace.


I love the whimsical nature of these hand-painted porcelain pooches, not to mention the amazing orange lacquered walls, decorative molding and ceiling! My friend Nelya noticed a theme in my latest pins and actually suggested this photo to me. Aren't blog friends the best?

Next up, there are elephant garden seats in this room designed by Ruthie Sommers but also a dog statue that is rather unobtrusive.
Do you see it? It's like a design game of Where's Waldo. I'll show a different angle so it's easier to find.
He's just hanging out on the hearth, cozying up to the fire.

And in another one of Ruthie's rooms . . . a poodle stands sentinel. Isn't this the sofa she used in Drew Barrymore's office that was featured in Domino? I'm thinking it is, or one very similar. Maybe this was from her showroom. Anyway, moving on . . .

Of course, if dogs aren't your thing, there are always other large animal statues with which you can decorate your domicile. Here are some large brass deer that would make quite a statement. 


Or how about a monkey?
So, where am I going with this? I really have no idea. I just wanted to show you what's going through my brain and that I might break down and get a big dog statue at some point. Or I may not. What are your thoughts on my animalia obsession (as Nelya diagnosed it)? Do you think they're cute or should I stick with my living, breathing animals (of which I have three)?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top