Have you ever seen something you own for sale on 1st Dibs or One Kings Lane and marvel at the prices they're selling for? I've had this happen to me a couple of times with both my Mastercraft credenza and my dolphin table. But just the other day, I was poking around OKL and saw a sale curated by Ivy and Vine and spied several pieces either very similar or exactly like pieces I own. I think this girl and I might have been separated at birth. Observe . . . the Ivy and Vine mirror:


And, my mirror (just in creamy white instead of black):

Her dolphin table:


And, mine:
This was when it was in our antique booth. I can't seem to get a good photo of it in my dark basement.  

Her marble horse bookends:


Mine:

And her brass bamboo tray . . .

Mine . . . albeit a slightly different shape.

Okay, so you get the point. So, what's my point? I don't know really. I think mainly I'm still just surprised at the price point on these online sales. Of course, maybe she did pay a lot more for her stuff than I did for mine? The Greek Key mirror for instance is selling on Ivy and Vine right now for $995 (the OKL sale is over); I got mine for $40 at the flea market. I just find it interesting that people will pay oodles of money for a bamboo tray (I think hers was $275) when they can hit their local antique mall, flea market or estate sale and grab one for $10 like I did. 

My hardwood floors are getting refinished starting tomorrow, and I could not be more excited! Goodbye orange wood, hello brown. Stay tuned for updates next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top