Greetings from Sickville. This time it's not me, it's my son. But he's on the mend and fever-free today which means he's going back to school tomorrow . . . unless it snows. Anyway. You would think I would've found time to blog while sitting around for three days but instead I've been researching and looking at other blogs until I'm bleary-eyed. Why? Well, I do love blogs, but I've mainly been looking for guidance and people who design logos and/or websites/blogs. You see, I'm having a bit of an identity crisis much like this poor dog.

(Sorry, couldn't resist this photo as we have golden retrievers and this one looks like our first golden, Sadie. Totally unamused.)

In a nutshell, I'm having issues with Blogger and getting rather annoyed so am thinking of moving my blog to Wordpress which I probably should have done long ago. Also, I've been wanting to update the look of my blog, so this seems like the ideal time to get a new identity and platform. I've email-chatted with a couple of designers and think making this change would be fairly simple, but there are some issues, and I have some questions. 


Had to break up the boring talk with a gratuitous pretty photo. Has nothing to do with anything.

So, if you have any suggestions or input this is where I need your help. Moving my blog would require a new name of sorts, and there is the issue of my decorating/interior styling/whatever you want to call it business (if you did not read Sissy's hysterical post today about what to call her business, you must - I about spit my coffee out laughing) having a different name.

More gratuitous pretty. See the tassels?

Obviously, my blog name is different from my current business name - k interiors (which I'm not married to yet, by the way, so that's up for discussion as well), but my blog is much better known (I think). So, my thought is to go with My Interior Life going forward (or a slight variation thereof, depending on what domain name is available) and just use that blog as a type of professional website with a Portfolio, Contact, etc. Makes sense, right? But can I "point" a Blogger blog to a new Wordpress blog? Or do I just ask people to subscribe to my new blog and direct them there with a link on my old blog? Are you still awake? Do you care?
Sorry, if this is totally boring and you have no interest in this whatsoever. But, if any of you have been through the big blog switchover or know of anyone who has or are even thinking about it, I would love to hear your input. Also, if you've got a blog designer that you absolutely love (who doesn't cost a small fortune) who works on Wordpress blogs, please do share their name in the comments. I think I may have found a great one, but it never hurts to see what else is out there.

Thank you, and I promise to return to posting about interior design stuff soon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top