Rolling into week 2 of the One Room Challenge and I'm feeling rosy cheeked and cheerful.  The craze of Week 5 is still off somewhere in the future.  The walls and ceiling of my master bedroom makeover have been painted Benjamin Moore Ancient Ivory. Nice to check that off the list!   I've found a matte gray velvet for the headboard at my go-to fabric source, Haute in Arlington.  It's a beautiful mid-tone gray with a pretty purple undertone that I think pairs really well with the Donghia Stella fabric I have on hand for the drapes. (found years ago in Baltimore for an amazing $4.59 a yard)


You may remember from Week One I mentioned the wall across from the bed will have 14" deep Ikea Pax cabinets to replace the storage from the mismatched dressers.  Since there is a vent on that wall that can't be covered, there will be open shelving on the top half of one of the units. The back will be covered with this pretty gray grasscloth I found at Sherwin-Williams.  Here it is paired with the velvet and the drapery fabric.


I think this color combo from the blog What Wilson Wants
found on Pinterest captures my color scheme pretty well. (via pinterest)





NOW FOR MY DILEMMA - How to hang the drapes?



Here's the situation:

- I really want to keep the Ikea blackout shades as they do a great job and the pulley system makes them easy to lower.  Previous plain shades and bamboo shades that were pull-down, either by hand or by cord, have failed on these windows due to the width.  (Below, a reminder of the Before)

-There is no molding around the window, only a window sill.

What do you think of going with a pelmut box in the same drape fabric to cover the Ikea roller shade and provide some structure?





via pinterest

OR, Could I do something like this - Drapes on a rod with a fixed panel, again in the same fabric as the drapes?  or should it be a different fabric…?

Would love to hear your advice!    Now, I'm off to check-out the Week 2 progress of all these amazing bloggers.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top