If Week 4 of the ORC is crunch time then Week 5 is "Am I really going to publicly humiliate myself?" time.   I'm happy to say that a number of things have been accomplished and am pretty hopeful sure that I won't be cringing as I hit the publish button next Wednesday*.  (Although I really have to be finished and taking pictures on Monday since I've got an early flight to Atlanta early Tue morning.)

So here is an overview of what's been done for my Master Bedroom makeover since last week: (go here for the previous weeks.)

- headboard recovered
- grasscloth put up in Pax unit and adjoining wall area
- Pax doors installed ( two of them cut down to size) and painted
- drapes sewn and pelmut almost finished
- knobs ordered for new closet doors
- bought nightstand/dresser for my husband's side of the bed
- installed new flush mount ceiling light


Here's the recovered headboard in the gray velvet and I am in love with it!



Every picture I took of it made the top ends look wonky - which they really aren't when you look at them in person.  Anyways… The shutter screen is back over the awkward small window over the bed.  The middle slats can be opened to let light in.


Here are the new 14" deep Pax closets.  I chose the wood doors which made it easier for painting. Still need to trim the edges along the wall, add in molding and eventually shelves on either side to create a built-in appearance.   In all honesty, the shelves phase will most likely happen after the ORC.  I will be painting the vent so it's not so prominent. (sorry for the awful photos, it's very rainy and gloomy here.)


To attach the grasscloth, I used both the regular and the Outdoor double-sided Mounting tape.  It was so easy to do.




Ordered these Alno hexagon knobs from ebay, 10 for $19.50.   They retail for $11 - 12 a piece so that feels good.  It will feel even better if they get here by Saturday!
They may stay silver but most likely they'll get the gold treatment.

Dan replaced the 1950's light cover - it looked alot like this one,


 with the  Oxnard 2 Light Ceiling Brushed 5"x13"x13" Brshd Nickel Fn, which is under $40.  I spray painted it gold and then went over that with Rub n' Buff Grecian Gold.



NOW for my question. The walls and trim/Pax closet doors  are painted in BM Ancient Ivory, flat and semi-gloss respectively.   I know that I should also probably paint these closet doors Ancient Ivory too.  It's a small room and painting the doors Ancient Ivory would allow the eye to travel, not break-up the look, etc…BUT I just don't feel like it.


What do you think if I paint these closet doors in BM Dior Gray in Gloss or Semi-gloss? (The opposite wall with the window will have a pelmut in the same velvet as the headboard and the gold fabric drapes.)

Am I crazy?
Do you need to save me from myself?     Let me know, I'd love to hear your advice.








Now be sure to head over to check out what my fellow ORC bloggers have accomplished.  There are some amazing and inspiring things going on in the other 19 spaces!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top