**you can find an updated version of the room here**

Ready or not, time for the reveal!  First a huge thank you to Linda of Calling it Home for being the motivational guru behind the One Room Challenge.  So let's start where my master bedroom was 6 weeks ago.  A forgotten space with an accidental color scheme and lousy storage.   The goal was to transform it into a restful, space with warmer colors and some needed conveniences.


BEFORE


Remember when I showed you this wall with the mismatched dressers and the constant clutter that always seemed to be there?


So here's a the run down of what was done:

- Installed 14" deep Ikea Pax cabinets on this wall.  
- Painted walls and ceiling.
- Made drapes and a pelmet.
- Recovered the headboard in a gray mohair.
- Replaced the light fixture
- Found a bench for the foot of the bed, side dresser for my husband, an additional lamp, an accent pillow and art for the room





Here's the beautiful greek key pillow from Charlotte & Ivy.  I accidentally ordered the gray trim, as opposed to the gray/gold trim, but it's a happy accident.  The workmanship is wonderful and I love this pillow with the pillow covers I made from a cut velvet from Haute Fabrics.


I kept my small night stand as there's not alot of clearance with the swing of the bathroom door.  Stacked books raise Ikea Ranarp lamp up to better match the one on the other side. A spray painted scallop shell we brought home from Scotland is my ring dish.



The Sinclair Wood Bench from Lamps Plus.  As I mentioned a few weeks ago, this bench is so well built.  I added a leopard throw to tie in with the headboard.


Since I have asthma, a full rug in the bedroom isn't an option.  However, I added in this leopard runner for softness and color.  The under $40 light fixture is sprayed gold with rub n'buf for extra patina.




The nightstand is a mini-Ikea hack of the Trysil dresser.  The trim, legs and hardware were sprayed gold with a bit of rub n' buff added.   Detecting a trend here…


The art on either side of the bed are black and white pic from St John USVI.  Also the place where I spend 9 days of this ORC  or AKA, the reason the molding isn't done on the Ikea Pax cabinets! :)


In the end, I went with the doors in the same color as the walls.  I'll live with that for now - I started to worry that the gray would bring the eye down because these doors are much shorter than those on the Ikea cabinets.




Here's the new storage wall.  Eventually there will be trim and additional shelving in order to make it feel like a complete built-in.  In the mean time, we're loving this extra storage and the forced neatness it causes!





An abstract I picked up last week at a thrift store.



The entry to our bedroom now has a piece of art, Painted Grunge from Minted, that I think is a better scale for the space.  Love the clean lined white frame too.



Finally, I couldn't find a place for Below Ravello from Minted in the bedroom but it has a happy home in our bathroom.



So it's a wrap - minus the trim work for the Ikea closets!   I'm really enjoying my new bedroom. It feels relaxing and I like the new color scheme.  So once again, thank you Linda for being the driving force behind one more re-decorated room in my house!


Now I'm off to check out this amazing group of bloggers to find out how all their rooms turned out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top