My mother died in April 2013 so this is the second Mother's Day since her passing.  Some mother - daughter relationships are blissful while some are full of conflict.   My relationship with my mom was closer to the latter.  Marked with misunderstandings and lack of appreciation on my part.  Better in the later years, for which I am grateful.

If your relationship with your mom or daughter is not the best it could be, will you indulge me and let me share what I have learned in my grief?

To Moms:  if your relationship with your daughter is not the best and you look back at shortcomings, just tell your daughter- "I did the best I could and I also know that my best wasn't always that good. I wished that those times could have been different."

To daughters:  sometimes Moms do the best they can, and at times,  it's not as good as it could have been.  You need to believe, and know, it was probably as good as they were able to do.  They did the best they could - even if it wasn't good.  Let it go.  Make the best of your time with your mom now.

My husband said I did the best I could.  I also know the best I could, many times, was not as good as it could have been.   It's time for me to let that go.

Happy Mother's Day Mom.  I love you.  Michele

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top