I'm a little late on my flea market recap, but better late than never, right? On Friday, Bri and I hit the flea, and it's always fun to catch up with her and see what she's up to . . . never boring! First of all, it wasn't a stellar flea market - there just wasn't a ton of great stuff. But, of course, a few things caught my eye and one thing even made it home with me. First, my favorite - chairs, duh. I thought this set had a great shape . . .
Then, I ran across these . . .
Now, I've seen plenty of caned-back chairs, but none with such a modern profile. I loved their mid-century vibe. Did I mention that I love Mad Men (did anyone watch the premiere last night? So glad it's back!)?

A pretty little pitcher . . .
A federal style resin eagle mirror. Only $7! Just needs a coat of gold paint . . .
And this is the piece that made it home with me . . . 
I'm not sure of its provenance, but it's a hand-carved drum table. Well, it's a drum, and I'm going to use it as a table. I found some online that were Asian, but the meander (like how I slipped in my newly acquired word?) at the top and the horse-drawn chariots makes this one look kind of Greek. Hmm. Who knows. But, it has a hidden door/compartment so I can stash my crap valuables.
It's pretty big and I wasn't sure where I would put it, but I couldn't leave it behind. For now, it's in the tornado room serving as a side table. 
Excuse the granny shade on my lamp. It's a place-holder.
I'll probably need to have a piece of glass cut for the top because it's rather unstable seeing as how it's actually a drum. I'm pretty sure the top is old worn leather . . . 
I put the lamp on top to see if it would sit flat. Not so much. Oh well, something to add to the list. 

All in all, not a bad day at the flea!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top