When I hit the flea market last month, I missed out on a very cool gold faux tortoise shell sconce. Why? Because there was only one, and I thought that would just look sad - one lonely sconce. So, I passed. Now, I'm obsessing over finding a pair of tortoise shell sconces. Of course, I neglected to take a photo of the one I found. No worries,  I knew I had seen some somewhere. Then I found the image that was swirling around in my design-obsessed mind . . .

These are in Suzanne Kasler's living room. Yeah, probably a little out of my price range. Of course, they're not exactly the same, but you get the idea. So, then I started googling like mad, thinking surely I could find a tortoise shell sconce somewhere. Um, no. Tortoise shells on stands - yes. Tortoise shells on lamps - yes. Tortoise shell sconces - nada.

I did find a ton of tortoise shells just used as decor. So, I'll share photos of those with you so you'll have something to look at. Since I can't find any sconces, maybe I can just rig up some tortoise shells and turn them into sconces. Or maybe I should just forget the whole sconce idea and put some big gold tortoise shells on my wall. They don't have to light up. But it would be a whole lot cooler if they did.






Thoughts? Ideas? Should I just forget the tortoise shell sconces already and move on with my life?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top