Today I'm blogging over at Interior Canvas discussing the often perplexing topic of mixing patterns successfully. While there are no hard and fast rules, so to speak, there are some guidelines that I feel are helpful when approaching multiple patterns in a space.
So please head over to Interior Canvas and check out my tips for becoming a mix master. I've been so busy blogging for others that I've kind of neglected this here blog. Sorry about that. 

Speaking of "mixing," I love adding in unexpected elements in my own home. In my case, this means a lot of vintage pieces that add those all important layers in a space. Some recent finds that will make an appearance in my house soon (somewhere . . . finding the perfect spot is part of the fun) . . . 
A couple of brass lotus candle holders that I would like to convert into pendant lights, like so  (although mine are a lot smaller) . . . 

And another recent vintage find that I love, however quirky it may be, is a camel saddle . . . 
I've often spied these on eBay or Etsy but have never found one in good enough shape (with all the brass embellishments in place) to buy until now. The leather on this one is very scuffed and rough, but I love the character it provides. I think these are great as little footstools or benches or just to set some books on, like so . . . 

I've got more family coming in town tomorrow but hope to hit an estate sale or two before it gets too busy. If I don't make it back before the weekend, have a great one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top