I did a little bit of antiquing this weekend at some out-of-the-way (meaning it took me half an hour to get there) stores. Nothing earth-shattering was found, but did find some gems. Also, did some local online scouting. See what you think . . .

An alabaster lamp for $82, which I believe is a pretty good price. I've been really wanting an alabaster lamp lately . . . don't ask me why.

Saw lots of vintage milkglass footed bowls and containers. Thought these would be great to fill up with flowers for spring!

This may be my favorite find of the day. Loved the color, and it's only $50! 

This is a tiny little hand-sewn pillow. I'm not a huge bird person, but the colors in this fabric are great. Although, the pillow itself was pretty lumpy.

Thought the graphic punch of this red paint-speckled bucket would be really cool in the right setting.

Now, onto some of my local online finds.
Here's a Craigslist find. I know the shade looks awful, but the base looks nice. Another alabaster lamp, this one for $60! Hmm. Might have to follow through on this one. Maybe talk them down to $50?

I love books . . . particularly pretty old books to put on my bookshelves (although, I desperately need some built-in shelves so I can have a library). There's an online auction company here in Nashville that's selling off the entire contents of a local home. And there are tons (this is just one lot out of about a dozen) of books. The inspection day for this auction is next Saturday. I know where I'll be!

More from the same home. The colors of these "Mexican Painted Wood Panels" are amazing. Don't know what I'd do with them, but they're so different and whimsical.

And a camelback sofa and settee. I adore this shape. 
 I have a crazy idea of putting a settee in my breakfast area almost like a banquette. I would recover it in bold graphic print . . . a la Ruthie Sommers.

So, what do you think? Any treasures in the bunch?

Sources: MIL, Nashville Craigslist, McLemore Auction Company, The Scoop

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top