Before hitting the flea market on Friday, I stopped by a few estate sales. As usual, I had more luck at the one I just "happened" upon after seeing a sign on a street corner. I found nothing at the Flea Market. Nothing. Nada. I think I was just too hot and distracted. Oh well. On the way home, I hit a junk/antique store I had never been in before and found this . . .
Am I nuts for liking this? I've never seen anything like it, which I must admit was part of the allure. Of course, the Asian influence didn't hurt either, plus the bamboo/glass frame - so unique. It's a needlepoint piece which intrigued me even more. 
I think it would look great as the centerpiece of a room. I love the glass detail because it would allow your wall color to peek through and provide a contrast.
Needlepoint has experienced a resurgence in popularity lately in great part thanks to Jonathan Adler and his quirky and quaint needlepoint pillows that he uses throughout his interiors . . .



I love the homespun quality of needlepoint juxtaposed with modern patterns.

Some other little goodies I found at the aforementioned estate sale include an unframed oil or acrylic painting . . . 



Really like the colors in this one.
a framed piece of painted silk artwork . . . 

and lastly, a small mid-century bench which could use some new upholstery, but I love the shape.
All these pieces will make an appearance in the blogger Tag Sale (unless I decide to keep the stool for my son's room) we're hosting on October 1st. I know I keep teasing this, but I promise we'll be sharing more details soon (like the location and time) once details are hammered out. 

Hope everyone has a Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top