Sorry for my recent absence. I traveled to my hometown of Memphis over the weekend for my 20-year high school reunion. I never know what to think about reunions, but I really enjoyed seeing the girls I went to school with two decades ago (I went to an all-girls Catholic high school). I could still recognize everyone which means we couldn't have changed that much - a reassuring thought! Anyway, I'm now getting ready for my older child to start school tomorrow and my younger one to start kindergarten next week (they do a staggered start for the kindergarteners), so I've been a little preoccupied. However, I have some interiors to share with you from The 2011 Memphis Home Showcase a couple of weeks ago. My sister was kind enough to go and take photos for me.

The first house apparently didn't have a lot of redeeming qualities, so Susan only took a couple of photos.  Here they are . . .



That's my mom walking in the back of the room. Not a lot to love in this room, pretty ordinary, but I focused in on the French doors. These are like the ones I want.



This bedroom seems a little under-decorated, but sometimes simplicity is a good thing. I really liked the small loveseat/settee at the end of the bed. 

The second house had an entire floor decorated by Amy Howard so it was more appealing overall. Although, as is the case with many showhouses in my opinion, it looks like they just threw some furniture in the room. This is especially true when one particular furniture store/manufacturer designs a space. There's usually much more variety when individual designers can draw from multiple sources. But, there's still some nice eye candy.



I, of course, was drawn to the art and asked my sister if she knew who the artist was. "It's Anton Weiss. Isn't that who painted the piece in your dining room?" she asked. Why, yes, it is. No wonder I like it.



This room lacks personality and looks like the undersized coffee table was an afterthought, but individually I like the pieces.



Looks like an Amy Howard showroom. Hard to see but the mirrored console is pretty.




I've seen this art before; can't remember the artist. Interesting sculpture on acrylic/lucite base.




Nothing new here . . .




or here.




I'm liking this coffee table.




Nice chairs.




A little too perfect.




Now, this, I like. At least they went out on a limb with the lighting.



Close-up of the floor lamp.




Pretty bed and bedding. Keeping this in my file for an upcoming post on bedding options.



Like the table, but not the styling.



This vignette has some personality.
Overall, some pretty pieces but nothing out of the ordinary. Well, we're off to the pool on my daughter's last day of "freedom." Hope you're enjoying what's left of your summer.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top