Our family room was in desperate need of a change in scale in the furnishings, as well as storage, so when I came across Ballard Designs Sonoma Bookcase on sale for $349 I decided to take a chance. Bottom line - I'm really happy with it. Since it's 7 ft tall and 42 inches wide, it has a nice presence in the room. (*the butcher block countertop overhang is going to be removed in the kitchen renovation.) In particular I like:
- the quality of the wood finish
- the X detail.
- 4 movable shelves. I decided to place mine unevenly so the X would show
- fairly easy to put together
- quite sturdy, although since it's 42" wide I wouldn't put a whole row of encylopedias across it
- shipped very quickly and the charge was only $21 dollars or so
- great value for $349

Here it is currenlty, although I'm sure when I get home from Seattle I'll tweek this a bit.

(*these opinions are mine and I receive no form of renumeration for them.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top