In the general sprucing up of my house in preparation for my husband's birthday party, I managed to make a few little changes here and there. Here are some of the latest updates to our decor . . .
I finally got around to hanging some art in the "pink chair" corner, including my husband's Chinese Woman on Bike photo.
And do you remember the Moroccan-shaped table that I found in a junk shop for $10?

Well, after waffling over what color to go with, I finally chose black with gold accents (surprise, surprise). I just added the accents with a gold-leaf pen . . . super easy.
For the salon or gallery wall (I almost hesitate to use that term anymore because it seems so trendy), I used art I already owned (the women) mixed in with a framed lithograph from an art book I picked up at an estate sale along with some recycled art in bamboo frames. So, what is recycled art? It's my term for taking a rather lackluster piece of art with a decent frame from a thrift store and painting right over it. Observe. This . . . 
Native dancing ladies weren't really my style but I liked the faux bamboo frame despite it's anemic yellow color.
Turned into this . . . 
So, here's the before of that corner . . . 
And once again, the after . . . 
Much better, right? Not to mention what a difference the refinished floors make. Ahh. Oh, and I've got some other little odds and ends to share (including my newly upholstered x bench that didn't make it in these photos as I just got it back late last week), but I'll save that for another post as your interest may be waning about right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top