Thank you so much to everyone for your kind words about my revamped corner. Now, I thought I would go ahead and share some other little changes I made around the house. First up, some new throw pillows for the sofa and slipper chairs . . .
There's that camera ham Zoe again!
I ordered the silk ikat zigzag and leopard pillow covers from two different Etsy sellers and think they add a little punch to my neutral upholstered pieces.
The teal green velvet pillow came from World Market several months back, but I recently added a little Greek key trim to give it some personality.

And, I can't forget the two benches I recently got reupholstered. Here's the x-bench . . .
I chose a black fabric with a small white dot and had the contrast piping done in the pink of our Milo Baughman-style chair.
Since the bench and chair don't technically go together (and the bench is actually taller than the chair), I thought I would just go with a coordinating fabric.

I'm not sure if you remember what the before of the bench looked like, but just in case, here it is:

 And, remember the blue bench I got for $10 at a junk shop?

It ended up with an ikat makeover . . . 
I usually play it safe with large furniture pieces and go with more neutral upholstery, but since this was an accent piece at the end of my otherwise neutral bed, I decided to go a little more daring . . . 
Please excuse the lack of styling on my husband's bedside chest (the right side of the photo).
I love it, and so do my pets (I often find them perched there). 

Have you made any little changes to your decor lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top