As I've mentioned, ad nauseum, we finally got new French doors to replace our old sliding glass system. I love them so much.
They finally got painted last week, but I have had a really hard time getting a good photo of them  (what with all the sunshine pouring in - a photographer I am not). And although my husband is a much better photographer with much better equipment and I need to get him to take some better shots, I couldn't wait to share them with you, so please forgive the poor photo quality. 

Here's a reminder of what our old sliding glass doors looked like . . . 
They were not in the best shape . . .
That's condensation trapped between the panes of our sidelites (stupid broken seal). Lovely, huh? It was time for them to go.

I decided to paint the new doors black to mimic the look of steel doors, which were a little out of my price range. These are extra tall Pella doors. I had them remove the transom, and the taller doors were a perfect fit (well, after a little retro-fitting, but no additional opening had to be cut - yay!). I love the expanded view of the woods through the taller doors. Here's the unpainted wood before the painters arrived . . . 
And, now, once again, painted . . . 


You can also see our newly painted black mantel in these shots . . . 
 
Oh, and the view from the deck. On the outside, they're actually Iron Ore instead of stark black . . .
Check back soon, as I've got some other little updates to my living room space that I'll be sharing in the near future . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top