As Charles Eames famously said . . .

Is that not the truth? Tell it, Charles. Some details I've been loving lately in no particular order . . .

I know you think I've flipped and gone crazy for roping/tassels, but I can't help it. I saw two of these pedestals holding up shelves at an antique mall recently (NFS, of course, or I would have bought them), and I can't get them out of my mind. Of course, they're meant to be in the garden to hold statues or something but I think they would be amazing as side tables or the base for a coffee table, etc. You could leave them antique white or paint them black or gold. Oh, the possibilities. You could even have them drilled for lamps. I think they're composite material not concrete so they're not as heavy as you might think. Don't be surprised if one of these pops up in a room in my home in the near future. 

Next, I'm sure a lot of you have seen the new House Beautiful. While it had lots of pretty eye candy, I was drawn to this photo in particular . . . 
Sorry, iPhone photo.


There were several things that drew me to this space designed by Kevin Isbell - the orange painted lantern, the grass cloth wall covering, the regency mirror, black banister and lamp shades. But, what really got me was the molding at the top. Do you see it? It looks like faux tortoiseshell but is really just inexpensive split bamboo! Love this detail. 

Finally, I've been pinning like a maniac lately. You can follow me on Pinterest to see more of what's inspiring me. Since I've been focusing on my office and storage solutions, I'm loving the VITTSJO shelving units from IKEA. There are so many hacks flying around the internet, but I love the brass version. Thinking a couple of etageres painted brass flanking my loveseat might be just the thing.

What details have caught your eye lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top