Simply Seleta posted exterior pics of the cutest beach cottage the other day. Built in 1928 it had mega charm eventhough it's in need work. The charm reminded me of designer David Smith's Key West Old Town cottage renovation that was featured in the Fall-Winter 2005 issue of Decor. Here's two pics that I was able to take of the magazine. Love the entry hall with the original stairway, painted paneling and the pops of purple. That is one massive shell.

Three sets of built-in bookcases surround the plantation shuttered windows. I admire the placement of the desk in the left corner. Pretty much love everything about this room. (original photography by B.Mauer)

So now I'm in a tropical cottage mood and happen to have a Borders gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Could the cover of Key West: A Tropical Lifestyle by Leslie Linsley be any better? Also am charmed by Cottages on the Coast by Linda Leigh Paul.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top