Sorry for my absence over the past few days. I've been getting ready for a little weekend trip to Chicago with my husband who will be attending a continuing education course (don't know if I've ever mentioned it but my beloved is a dentist).  It will be so nice to get away for a few days. I love my children dearly, but I need a little mommy break.
I'm so excited, I hardly know what to do. We leave tomorrow, and I still need to pack. We'll be staying here . . .
The James Hotel. I don't know much about it. Can't even remember how I stumbled upon it. It looks much more modern than my style, but different is good. I don't care. I spy a bar!

I know I will be going here . . . 

And guess what I found when I went to their site . . . 
That's right, a warehouse sale while I'm in town. How fortuitous! Do you think I could fit a new sofa in my carry-on? I might need a bigger bag.

I will also be hitting this hard on Friday while Matt's in his class . . . 

I know we will be eating here . . . 

among other places. I haven't been to Chicago since high school when I was visiting colleges with my mom. We didn't exactly get to hit the city so I'm looking forward to experiencing all it has to offer. I'm a little stressed about what to wear because it will be pretty cold on Friday, and I'm sure I'll be hoofing it all the way. So, if you have any insider tips on shopping, sights, restaurants, etc., please let me know.


I'll be back with details on Monday!

Sources: Elle Decor, The James Hotel, Nightwood Restaurant, The Magnificent Mile

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top