Solid sofas with patterned pillows make alot of sense but how could I pass up the opportunity to reupholster my $25 yellow vinyl church sale sofa in Kelly Wearstler's Fern Tree? You may remember at the end of September I posted about my purchase of Fern Tree from Haute for only $28 a yard and asked for advice for which direction to run the fabric. I went with a vertical placement and couldn't be more thrilled with how it turned out!
The upholsterer I've always used is Mel Stokols of Style-Rite Upholstery. This was not an easy pattern to work with and I think the placement of it is perfection. Love how the fern trails up the front of the arm; it's identical on both of them.

The pattern rolls over both arms and matches perfectly down each side (forgot to take a picture of that but you can see a bit of it in the photo below.)
The sofa was delivered Friday night, as promised, just in time for a dinner party Saturday. Here's Mel on the left and fellow master upholsterer David on the right. I've had 2 other chairs and another sofa upholstered by Style-Rite and it's been perfection in my book every time.
The cost to reupholster this sofa was $1,110 - which included repairs to the springs and 13 yards of another fabric** I had bought from Mel. (**I found the Wearstler fabric weeks after choosing the original fabric.) I can highly recommend Mel to anyone in the metro DC area who is interested in reupholstering a piece. Style-Rite Upholstery, Annandale,VA, 703.256.1114. Please note this is my personal recommendation and I receive no form of compensation for my endorsement.

Two other notes - with the addition of this sofa my family room is finally starting to come together. Hope to post more about it soon.

The amazing fabric store Haute of Marshall, VA now has a second location in Georgetown at 2601 P Street NW in a space next to Jean Pierre Antiques. There are many beautiful fabrics in this location and it's definitely worth checking out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top