O.K., I better explain my post title first - the laughter is all in reference to the incredibly fun company I got to keep on The Washington Design Center's Kips Bay trip last Friday. More on that later, design first. One of my favorite spaces at the show house was the gallery stairwell space created by Rod Winterrowd. He struck a perfect balance between eclectic art and a cohesive, calm aesthetic. Loved his choice to frame subtle wallpaper for the background.

Rod also made the most of this very small space outside the powder room and created a jewel box with beautiful, glossy venetian plaster. (I think that's what it was...)
The details in the His & Hers Dressing Rooms created by Darren Henault Interiors were standouts.

Closet doors were inset w/fabric and trim - a definite take-away idea for one's own home. Love the door handles.
I know, you've already seen the "On the Bubble" bathroom created by Coffinier Ku Design, Ltd. but I couldn't resist.
Here's a shot looking up from the tub towards the ceiling.
Another favorite room of mine was the "Art Collector's Salon" designed by Aman & Carson Interiors. The furniture layout was very functional and the high gloss treatment on the walls and ceiling were a nice modern foil to the traditional furniture.
Love the choice of the mirror with the simple edge.

A photo of me on the terrace taken by my friend Anne.
Now back to what was for me the highlight of the whole trip - the people!! Laughter, great conversation and then more laughter makes for an unbeatable mix and a very memorable day. Here we are on the train headed into NY. Starting at the left: Anne Hardock of Dwellings by Design, me - Michele Ginnerty, Lauren Liess of Pure Style Home, Roxanne Lumme of Roxanne Lumme Interiors and Jenny Clark (soon to be Castle) of Jenny Castle Design.
A huge thank you to Jennifer Sergent, the Marketing Director at The Washington Design Center, for putting together this very well organized trip and for Sub-Zero/Wolf for hosting everyone in the NY Showroom for lunch!

(In the DC area they have a huge showroom in Columbia MD. Go here for more info.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top