I heard on the news today that 49 out of our 50 states currently have snow on the ground. Crazy, huh? Even crazier? My daughter will be out of school again tomorrow for the 4th day in a row. Apparently, the few patches of ice left on the road make it too treacherous for the buses to run. My husband sent me this photo he found yesterday that aptly describes what happens when snow hits the South:
And in other news, my daughter's room got painted today. The color? Ironically, we chose Arctic Blue by Benjamin Moore. 
We are slowly but surely eradicating any signs of pink in the room. As I mentioned before, Meg now detests pink and chose aqua and green as her color scheme. I really like the blue we decided on, but the green on the PB Teen bedding is giving me fits. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice enough color. But it doesn't match any other green in the known universe. You never know what you're going to get when you order online. Of course, we can't return it because I had the shams monogrammed. Plus, Meg really likes it (green is her favorite color). So, I'm forging ahead. We need a dust ruffle, chair and curtain fabric. Here are some options . . . 
This Robert Allen fabric might work as a dust ruffle.
And I love this Robert Allen Khanjali fabric in Glacier as a possibility for the curtains. The only problem? The !#$@% green doesn't really match but maybe it wouldn't matter.
Of course, I could just go with white curtains. But would that be too boring?
These curtains are also from PB Teen. I'm not one of these people who likes to buy everything from the same catalog, but I saw these on Milk and Honey Home yesterday and immediately liked them.

Next, my grandmother's chair. This one has been with me since childhood (with the same raspberry gingham plaid check I might add). Now, she needs some new upholstery and possibly a paint job (I don't think I want to go with white but maybe).
Since there is so much blue in the room, I thought the chair should be predominantly green but I still haven't found the perfect fabric. Still on the hunt . . .

And some more photos of the room . . . 
Yes, those are PB Teen sheets too. I'm pathetic aren't I?
Just as a reminder, here's what it looked like before . . . 
Of course, I still need to address the lighting, lampshades, etc. But as I wrote, it's a work in progress. Are you a fan of the aqua and green palette? Any fabric, accessory, lighting, etc. suggestions for me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top