And the award? Sherry Hart from Design Indulgence nominated me for a Stylish Blogger Award!
Design Indulgence you are truly missing out. Sherry is an interior designer in Atlanta who has a wonderful sense of style and a hilarious take on it all.
Basically, the deal is I have to list 7 things about myself. Hmm. I was trying to think of 7 things that wouldn't put my readers to sleep. Here's what I came up with.
1. As my given name is Katherine, I have lots of nicknames. Obviously, Kathy is the one that stuck, but my most unusual one is Bug. My sister started it as Katie Bug in my teens which she then just shortened to Bug, and my husband adopted it and calls me that most often.
2. I've been married to my wonderful husband Matt (we met on a riverboat in college) for 13 and half years, and we have two beautiful children together - Meg (who will turn 9 in March) and Pierce (who will turn 6 in April). I love my family!
3. I was voted (well, actually tied for) "Best Dressed" in high school even though I attended an all-girls Catholic high school where we wore uniforms almost every day. Some people find this fact very amusing. I remind them that we did get to wear "civies" (civilian clothing) a LOT.
4. I love to read, and my favorite book since 8th grade is To Kill a Mockingbird. I wish I made more time to read, but I get so wrapped up in novels I just want to finish them and tend to ignore things like the children, making dinner and general household upkeep. The last book I read was Freedom by Jonathan Franzen . . . I really enjoyed it.
5. I have abnormally long arms which can make finding well-fitting jackets a challenge but was very useful while blocking shots on my 8th grade basketball team. And since my husband has abnormally short arms, our hope is that our children might have nice normal-length appendages.
6. My sister Susan and I look a good bit alike . . . so much so that my husband almost made an inappropriate "grab" once but caught himself just in time to save himself years of therapy.
|This was a windy day at the beach a couple of years ago so please forgive our hair. I'm the one on the left.|
Now I'm passing this along to 7 other bloggers who I feel are stylish and would like to learn more about. If you've already done it, I apologize, or if you don't have time, I understand that too. Thanks again, Sherry, for including me in your list! Here are my 7 nominees for the Stylish Blogger Award:
Sissy at Blue Hydrangea (the reason I started blogging)
Kim at What am I going to be when I grow up?
Gretchen at Gretchen Opgenorth
Julie at Milk and Honey Home
Kim at Chattafabulous
Marianne at Haven and Home
Bri at Me, You and a Wiener (it's her dog, Timmy, people)
We're enjoying snow here in the Nashville area. Hope you guys are safe and warm wherever you are!
Source: Photo by Dorthe Alstrup on 20x200.