Ever since I bought the "dolphin table" at an estate sale and put it in my antique booth, I've been seeing examples of Grotto furniture all over.  First up, Iris Apfel's maximalist apartment featured recently in Architectural Digest . . .
It's kind of hard to see the base of the table, but those are dolphins. She also has a beautiful Chinese Chippendale pagoda mirror. Gorgeous!
Next up, The Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. Dolphins and Greek Key everywhere you looked . . .
And in the latest Veranda, the home in the Bahamas (that I mentioned in my last post) includes a custom daybed that features . . . you guessed it . . . a dolphin. 
Once again, it's kind of hard to see in this photo (easier to see in actual magazine), but at the head of the recamier near the orchids is the dolphin.
And, once again, my table. 
In the booth . . .
and when I first spotted it.
So, what does all this mean? What is the significance of all these dolphins? Not much, other than they're super cool. Also, my dolphin table is still up for sale . . . it really is an amazing piece that would make such a statement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top