As per usual, I'm up to my old treasure-hunting ways. I love perusing the estate sale listings that pop up in my email inbox. Here are some items from sales going on this weekend that might be worth an in-person look . . .
Love the shape and upholstered legs of this white sofa. Doesn't it just pop against the green walls? Very Miles Redd. Looks to be in very good condition.

Check out this burlwood desk with brass accents. This would look great in any office, especially my husband's.
Gorgeous chest of drawers - would be beautiful in an entry way or anywhere. Look at the gorgeous wood and that marble top. So pretty. I think this traditional piece would be a nice counterpoint to a more modern interior.
Is this an onyx column/pedestal?! How cool. I guarantee your neighbors won't have one of these. So unique. Stick a cool bust/sculpture on it and you're done. Of course, it's art in itself. I'm sure it weighs a ton.
Just look past the ruffly skirt and blue fabric to the unique shape of this wingback settee. The obvious reupholstery choice would be some sort of linen - cream or natural, but I think black or charcoal would look amazing. Also, I would go with a bench cushion instead of the two. For another fabric option, you could go unexpected with something totally bold and geometric like Joonas . . .
Or Zimba . . .

Some other potential finds . . .
This beautiful Baker secretary with antiqued glass looks to be in pristine condition.
A beautiful blue Chinoiserie vase. This would be striking in monochromatic room as a punch of color, especially in a dining room. Hard to tell how big it is, but the bigger the better. 

And last, this eagle bullseye mirror . . . 
I would paint it gold or gold-leaf it probably. 

Well, that's my estate sale round-up for today. Hopefully, I might get to see some of these in person later today or tomorrow.  Happy Weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top