I found this mid-century chair with the vinyl seat cover and cute brass leg detailing put out for trash in my neighborhood.
I painted it Sherwin Williams Dover White but it looked a bit too white. So I mixed Farrow & Ball Bone with glaze and a tiny bit of Dover White and covered the chair. Sorry for the out of focus picture - the glazed side is to the right.
Last year I got this sample of Pierre Frey Les Muses Et Le Lion from a friend. On the site they mentioned it's "finished with a slight calendering to afford it a glossy and elegant appearance." The fabric has a great finish and I think will hold up well on this chair that will serve as a catch-all by the front door.
The only problem is that I wanted the lion (my favorite part!) to be centered. So I cut and sewed the sample to center the lion.
Here it is - finally finished after 2 months of thinking about it. The bureau is only here temporarily as we've starting a remodeling project and had to move some things around. (more on that Monday)
I also love the owl sitting on top of the urn.
I never did do a post on the greek key trim I added to my living room curtains. The trim was found at Haute for $10 a yard at the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top