Since you savvy blog-readers know about all things cool, I'm reaching out to you on behalf of my sister Susan who is desperately seeking hotel accommodations in Midtown Manhattan for early December. She and her husband Jay are celebrating their 15th anniversary that month and want to find a nice but not crazy expensive option. Since it's been about 9 years since I've been to NYC (how sad is that?) for a visit, I'm not the best resource. So, I thought I would ask you, dear readers, if you have any tips for my sister?

If I had to pick a place based on looks alone, I would choose the Ace Hotel designed by the fabulous designing duo of Roman and Williams. Has anyone been here? Is it as cool as it looks?

Or, there is The Standard which was also designed by Roman and Williams, but I think it's in Downtown Manhattan. But just in case, here's a glimpse of its 18th floor.
Ah, heavenly.

Oh, and if you have any restaurant suggestions those would be much appreciated too. Way back when, we ate at Aureole, and it was sublime, but I'm sure there are other tasty options out there as well. 

Susan and Jay thank you in advance for your suggestions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top