Sorry this post is delayed. Had a million things to do upon my return on Monday, and basically spent all of yesterday at my kids' school or at an after-school activity. So, where to begin? Kristen and I had so much fun at High Point. Saw a bajillion things, met some nice people and walked a million miles. Without further ado, here's just a smattering of what we saw in more or less the order we saw it. This may require a few posts.

The first vendors are basically lighting and accessories manufacturers that have a few small tables and casegoods thrown in . . .



 Thought these two looked very Dorothy Draper-esque.
Liked this leggy table. Very elegant.

 Lots of wood and gold and gold wood at the Phillips Collection.

Who doesn't need a black sheep in their living room? It can speak volumes about their family history.

Some cool pieces from Global Views:




And possibly one of my favorites in the accessories arena - Made Goods. Just look at all the faux shagreen goodness.



These shagreen trays about killed me! Oh, how I wanted to take them all home.

Then I spied this malachite tray, and I think my heart skipped a beat.

 Next up, Serge De Troyer for some interesting focal point pieces . . . 



Kind of liked the vibe in this place . . . 





They had the whole French/Belgian linen thing going on like SO many others did, but they seemed to infuse theirs with more cleans lines and interesting textures. So, I gave them props for that.

And the rugs, my God, the rugs. These were all over the place, and I loved them so. Wish I could've fit one in my carry-on.
I believe they called these sari rugs. They are made of silk in ikat patterns and are so gorgeous. Maybe in my next life.
Okay, so I still have a ton more to show you, as well as share some fun stories re: who I met (hint: her initials are MM), but I'll be back with more tomorrow. Your eyes probably hurt from all the beauty.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top