Our guest bedroom is a real room now.  I made faux roman shades from a leftover Barbara Barry tweed (the pleated cell blinds remain behind for practical use).  They aren't perfect but look less wonky in person than they do in these pics.  I trimmed the bottom in the same greek key as the mohair headboard but truth be told, they hardly show up.  Lesson learned:  want your trim to be a feature, pick something with more contrast.  It looked so pretty close-up but hung up on the window it practically disappears.


Currently looking for two round mirrors with a deep profile, one to go over each of the twin beds.  Something like this Round Seaside Mirror from Wisteria.  Since I have to buy two I'm looking for something less than the current sales price of $255 for this one.  Any ideas???  I'm thinking I could just paint a plain mirror myself to get this look.


The walls are painted in Farrow & Ball French Gray and the ceilings are Sherwin Williams Fleur de Sel.  The junk shop bureau was originally in our entry hall  and is painted in Farrow & Ball Pavilion gray, edged in Pigeon for detail.  Pillows have been changed out too.


BEFORE:  Smaller Sferra Accent Pillow

NOW:  Larger Tracy Porter Pillow




I showed this view in my recent post on small updates - this is the wall opposite the two twin beds.  The door to the room and closet are off to the left.  Feels good to be finished :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top