My children are out this week for the coldest Spring Break in recent memory. So, while we're in town between our short little trips to visit grandparents, I thought I'd check in and dump my most recent shopping photos on you.

First up, a recent jaunt to Homegoods turned up some nice lamps.
I like the graphic punch of this chevron lamp. I know some people are over the whole chevron pattern thing, but I think this small amount is simple and classic.

I was drawn to this gray lacquer lamp in a modern interpretation of a pineapple/artichoke.

I'm a sucker for creamy pottery lamps in organic shapes. I've seen versions all over the place, but I really like this one. And the price is nice.

Still like a little gold tortoise shell action, especially if they're faux. The subdued black bases and linen shades make these a classic choice.

I spied this rope mirror there also . . .
This would look great in a variety of spaces (a boy's room, beach house, etc.), but what first popped to mind was this Nate Berkus designed bathroom . . . 
Then there were some vivid powder-coated Tolix stool knock-offs that would add some fun to any kitchen . . . 
If you don't like the red (ahem, Sissy), you can always paint them, I don't know . . . green. Like this:


And speaking of red, I saw this really pretty lacquered cabinet at an antique mall. 
While I'm not a huge red fan, sometimes, in moderation, it really works. The clean lines and hardware on this piece are great and reminded me of the beautiful blue cabinet in Kate Spade's apartment . . .

Next up, a great pair of vintage wicker chairs with a very Boho/John Robshaw-esque fabric . . .
These chairs could be just the unexpected touch a room could use to save it from predictability. 


Okay, so we've all seen recovered vintage chairs with ikat fabric but I found these so charming. Something about the warm wood and cool gray made them more interesting. 

A colorful, original abstract print signed and numbered always makes a room. 

And, some interesting accessories to bring some personality . . . 

I used restraint and didn't purchase any of the above pieces, just snapped them with my phone. But the next few pieces made it home with me from an estate sale on Friday . . . 
A vintage Panton chair knock-off. Pretty sure it's not real because there are no markings. But it's very sturdy and fun. It's going in the playroom too. 

And a couple of vintage lamps because I have an addiction . . . 
This one is getting its base spiffed up and going in Meg's room, I think. 

And this one I'm not sure about yet. It may go in the playroom or it may go up for sale. Stay tuned. 

Have you found any fun things lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top