FROM the Archive:   Thrilled is how I felt when I came across the portfolio of London designer, Caroline Paterson. Named by House & Garden to their Top 100 decorators list, I find her work inspiring and the attention to detail amazing. The first picture makes me swoon - love the blue/green silk pillow and hand blown glass vase paired with the contemporary styling of the bureau and the traditional artwork.
Abstract art, its colors reinforced in the fabric choices, adds a bolt of energy to this traditional library.
What drew me into this photo is the lamp - amazing how one carefully selected piece can make a space. It very subtlety picks up on the fabric on the ottoman.
The bird sculpture and the abstract painting play off each other - although everything is stationary there's movement in this space.

A great reminder that a closet is all you need for a functional home office space.

For me, these narrow horizontal stripes are unexpected and add so much interest to this space.


To see more of Caroline's work, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top