I, like so many others of you, fell in love with Jean de Merry's urchin/satellite-style chandelier when I first spied one in Ashley Stark's arresting dining room . . .


Since then, I've seen them all over the place . . . 



Then, most recently, I saw one in a showhouse designed by Canadian designer Nam Dang-Mitchell featured in House & Home magazine . . . 
So, why am I bringing up this extremely expensive chandelier (I don't even know how expensive it actually is, but I'm imagining it's way out of my price range)? Well, at the end of the same article about the showhouse, they did one of those "get this look" features and they showcased this chandelier available at Anthropologie . . . 

This sucker is still $1,898. 

Then, just the other day weirdly/coincidentally enough, I get several notices that I'm now being followed on Pinterest by a company called Stimulight. I was somewhat intrigued. So, is this the new form of the press release? Not a bad idea as it caught my attention. They sell what look to be similar yet smaller versions of the urchin chandelier for either $399 or $499 . . . 


Of course, they don't look as large or as "spiny" as the de Merry or even the Antropologie chandelier, but for several hundreds (or thousands) less, you can get a similar look. Hmm.

What do you think? Worth the considerably smaller price tag? Or would you rather drain the savings account for the real deal?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top