I know mixing real and faux flowers isn't something new, but I've never tried it myself. Above is a bouquet from Christmas, showing it's age.
I had these faux white crocuses, early signs of spring. So I mixed them in with the fading red roses I could salvage.
What do you think? I thought just O.K. Not sure I'm a fan of mixing just two colors.
Here are the same white faux crocuses mixed with left-over white roses from another arrangement. I like this better than the previous one. However, I think both the bouquets could have benefited from cutting some greenery from a backyard bush and adding that in.
Of course, real flowers have no true replacement. Although, I do like the idea of extending the life of a bouquet by mixing in some faux flowers. What do you think? Have you done it before or would you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top