But cowhide rugs are everywhere. I really like the look of them. I just can't decide if I'd like one in my house.

They seem to look best in light and airy interiors, which I love, but unfortunately don't have.

Maybe if I lived in California. And had cool wide plank floors like these.
 
Why am I thinking about cowhide rugs? They are for sale right now at Southeastern Salvage (a regional outlet) for $99. That's a really good deal considering Ballard Designs is offering them for $449 and West Elm on sale for $299. Of course, the fact that big catalog companies/retailers are selling them is evidence they may be overexposed. But I'm a bit trendy, so I don't care.

 
My hesitation? I'm just not sure I want a dead cow on my floor. I don't have an ethical problem with eating beef or wearing/carrying leather goods, so why should I care? I don't know. Something about walking on a cowhide just creeps me out ever so slightly.
 
But my friend Kristen has one in her entry, and I think it looks great! Another slight problem . . . I'm not sure where I'd put it. Details, details.
 
Just look how chic.  Hmm . . . this will require more thought. What do you think? Is it okay to walk all over a dead cow?

Photos: My Little Happy Place, My Favorite and My Best and My Interior Life

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top