Today was one of those days. Monday, Monday . . . can't trust that day. It was a string of unpleasant occurrences . . . I awoke with my head hurting, discovered the dog had peed on the rug again (see below) and then received some disappointing news (nothing earth-shattering, but still). Later in the day, the washing machine started leaking and the cat puked on our bedroom carpet. Seriously.

Exhibit A (can't see the discoloration? I can)

In the grand scheme of things, I realize these are just minor hiccups, but overall I'd categorize this day as less than stellar. Not horrible . . . just not great fun.

But then something miraculous happened. I got over it. Something simple changed my mood. Sometimes, thank goodness, that's all it takes. Was it chocolate? Or a new piece of furniture (an X bench, maybe)?

Nope. It was my 4-year-old son playing his Nintendo DSI so intently that he developed an inadvertent kicking motion with his left foot nearly clocking me in the face as I sat next to him. For some reason, my husband and I found this hilarious. Then he proceeded to coach his father -- in an uber-serious manner -- on how to properly play his Super Mario Brothers game (as if my husband had never played a video game before in his life . . . ha!). It was hilarious and sweet and adorable . . . kind of one of those "you had to be there moments." Which is exactly why it was so great.

Leave it to a 4-year-old to put the whole day into perspective. Now, where's my Spot Shot?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top