I could have titled this post "Green with Envy," but I decided not to drag one of the Seven Deadly Sins into this. Let's just say, I've been noticing a lot of green velvet upholstery lately that is very lust-worthy. Oops, there I go again. Okay, onto the pretty pictures.
There is Pure Style Home's Lauren Liess' yummy apple green velvet rolled arm sofa.

This delicious green sofa in a library designed by Markham Roberts featured in Town & Country. By the way, most of these examples have rolled arms. Coincidence? I think not. If and when I ever get a new sofa, this style is on the top of my list. And I'm obviously loving green sofas, I just can't decide if green is neutral enough for me. Hmm. Now, more food for thought . . .

Ruthie Sommers' sumptuous sofa from a Chicago home also featured in Town & Country. I could do without the bullion fringe however.


The mossy green loveliness from who else but Miles Redd. I'm in love with his color combinations.

More traditional prettiness from Markham Roberts.

And check out this beauty that Ashley from Meet Me in Philadelphia found at a local thrift store. $800 - quite a bargain for what is undoubtedly a very pricey sofa. I might be in trouble if I lived in her neck of the woods. 

I love the combination of green with peacock blue. Very rich.

A clean-lined sofa in Domino. The classic pairing of blue and green looks fresh and modern here.

And if a whole green sofa is too much for you, these green chairs from Celerie Kemble's apartment featured in Lonny add just the right amount of velvety luxury.

In hindsight, I should have saved this post for St. Patrick's Day but I might be sick of looking at green that day. Right now, I need a little green to lift me out of the winter doldrums. How about you? Would you go green?

Also, don't forget, you can enter the CSN giveaway until midnight (CST) tonight. I'll be announcing the winner tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top