It's no secret I'm a big fan of color. So, when I got this in the mail, it made me extremely happy . . .
It's the mailer for the 2012 Antiques and Garden Show of Nashville. While it's always a don't-miss event for me with wonderful events and lectures, I audibly gasped when I spied the first speaker this year on the back of the card . . .
That's right - none other than Mr. Color himself, Miles Redd! Must. Get. Ticket. Immediately. He is undoubtedly one of my favorite designers. Although his brazen use of color is not for everyone, his spaces are always inspiring. While we can't all lacquer our walls in a saturated hue (although I'm trying my best to emulate the Hague Blue walls below - stay tuned), by following Mile's lead we can surely summon up the courage to at least splash a little color around our rooms. So, in honor of Mr. Redd's journey to Nashville in February, here's a small retrospective of his colorful rooms on this dreary, gray January day.












There . . . don't you feel better now? I know I do. By the way, after I pinned all these images my email blew up with Pinterest notifications, so I know I'm not alone in my love of color. If you'd like to follow me on Pinterest, just click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top