I know some people haven't jumped on the brass bandwagon, but I'm still loving it. Who knows, maybe next week I'll change my mind but I doubt it. It may be a trend that comes and goes, but I don't care . . . call me trendy. Yesterday, I brought home a vintage brass etagere from a local antique mall and am so excited to put it in my newly painted basement.
I know it's not centered on the wall. We'll have to move it out and back in anyway when we get the carpet replaced. It needs a little shining up with some Brasso and the glass needs some Windex, but overall it's in pretty good condition, maybe just a little wobbly.

Reading through blogs the other day, I came across a photo Melissa of the Insane Domain had pinned from Emily Henderson with a very similar if not identical piece (mine is currently flipped the opposite way) . . . 

I love the look of the brass shelves against the dark walls. Here are some more brass/dark room inspirations from Pinterest . . .






So, are you feeling brassy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top