I visited my friend Arrione's new house on Monday, and she's got lots of great space. Especially exciting is that she has a room she can call her own - away from the toys of her two young sons and the electronics of her husband. I thought it should be a retreat . . . a place she can be girly and scrapbook. She mentioned purple/lavender for the walls, so that immediately got my wheels turning. Here are some inspiration photos followed by a mood board I mocked up for her . . .




And my mood board . . .
Lady's Retreat Olioboard




























I picked Benjamin Moore's lily lavender for the walls. It will contrast nicely with the iron daybed and mint green toile wing back chair she already has. I'm pretty sure in her mother's stash of furniture (she's a designer and antique purveyor), there's got to be a dainty French-style desk. Just add a fun rug, some crisp white bedding with pops of color in the throw pillows, a faux fur throw to snuggle up with, a mercury glass lamp, a white ceramic garden seat, a gorgeous mirror, a lucite desk chair and an abstract painting to pull it all together. Voila - a retreat any busy mother other could escape to . . . even if it's just for a few minutes.

I hope you've had fun daydreaming about this retreat . . . I know I have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top